POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Darren New
Subject: Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker
Date: 14 Dec 2008 14:56:42
Message: <494564fa$1@news.povray.org>
Both suck in their own unique ways.  Most annoyingly, the DVD maker seems to
do a crappy job of encoding the video, even though it uses over 3 CPU hours
on a 64-bit quad core (i.e., 3 cores for > hour) before it starts burning an
hour worth of video, doing the "encoding". Nice menu generation and all, but
not very configurable and gives crappy results if you put more than an hour
on a single-layer DVD.  (I just wish I had noticed before I tossed all the
individual chapter edits. :-?)

And I haven't quite figured out what "Movie Maker" is saving when you tell
it to save a project, but so far I've not been able to close a "project" and
open it and have the same thing on the screen. Other than that, it's pretty
nice for a freebie add-on.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)