POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nephroid Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Nephroid (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Nephroid
Date: 4 Dec 2008 14:17:32
Message: <49382ccc$1@news.povray.org>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephroid

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Nephroid
Date: 4 Dec 2008 14:45:00
Message: <web.493832b24c92bba1f48316a30@news.povray.org>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephroid

The last nephroid is in capitivity.  The galaxy is at peace... ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 5 Dec 2008 05:04:49
Message: <4938fcc1$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> The last nephroid is in capitivity.  The galaxy is at peace... ;)

...alternatively, if you have a look at the article and some of the
articles lined from it, you get to see trippy mathematical drawings! :-D

Post a reply to this message

> > The last nephroid is in capitivity.  The galaxy is at peace... ;)
>
> ...alternatively, if you have a look at the article and some of the
> articles lined from it, you get to see trippy mathematical drawings! :-D

Oh, I saw the gif animation, yes.

Post a reply to this message

>>> The last nephroid is in capitivity.  The galaxy is at peace... ;)
>> ...alternatively, if you have a look at the article and some of the
>> articles lined from it, you get to see trippy mathematical drawings! :-D
>
> Oh, I saw the gif animation, yes.

There's a whole world of Seriously Interesting Stuff out there -
inverses, evolutes, envelopes, caustics, epicycloids, pedal curves...
it's pretty mental stuff!

Post a reply to this message