POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stranger than fiction Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Stranger than fiction (Message 11 to 20 of 50)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Stranger than fiction
Date: 1 Dec 2008 07:01:27
Message: <4933d217@news.povray.org>
>> Solar panels.
>
> And when do you *ever* see those in everyday life? ;-)

That's just because you live somewhere that is either cloudy or raining the
whole time :-)  Here they are pretty common, drive through any village and
you're bound to see at least a few buildings with them on the roof.  Also
seen a few "solar farms" around, fields literally full of them.

As well as what Stephen said about the parking meters, I've seen them used
for other road-side things like those warning signs that flash up your
speed, the little mini weather stations thingies by the side of the
motorway, etc.

Post a reply to this message