POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs Server Time
11 Oct 2024 03:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Shopping for TVs (Message 36 to 45 of 205)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Shopping for TVs
Date: 1 Dec 2008 05:32:45
Message: <4933bd4d$1@news.povray.org>
>>>  Essentially the HD equivalent of SCART in that in carries both video
>>> and audio in one cable
>>
>> But it's digital too, right?
>
> Depends, in theory there's nothing stopping you from feeding an analogue
> source via HDMI.

But just to clarify, what travels along the actual HDMI cable must be
digital, it is exactly the same as the digital part of a normal PC DVI
cable*, just with the option of digital audio data too.  Of course as Phil
said there is nothing to stop you converting some crappy analogue signal to
digital and pumping it along the HDMI cable.

* OK I know most DVI cables actually have analogue and digital pins+wires,
but HDMI cables don't

Post a reply to this message