POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XKCD is amusing for once... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  XKCD is amusing for once... (Message 21 to 30 of 49)
From: scott
Subject: Re: XKCD is amusing for once...
Date: 19 Nov 2008 04:05:44
Message: <4923d6e8@news.povray.org>
> That's a problem for time traveling. You have to travel in time yet stay
> in
> the same point in space. Oh wait, that would leave you in the middle of
> nowhere without an atmosphere. You have to stay in the same point in space
> *relative to your planet*!

And rotate with the planet, otherwise you might end up inside some mountain
or falling 500 metres towards the sea!

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 19 Nov 2008 04:20:21
Message: <4923da55$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> That's a problem for time traveling. You have to travel in time yet
>> stay in
>> the same point in space. Oh wait, that would leave you in the middle of
>> nowhere without an atmosphere. You have to stay in the same point in
>> space
>> *relative to your planet*!
>
> And rotate with the planet, otherwise you might end up inside some
> mountain or falling 500 metres towards the sea!

Hmm. But is your planet rotating? Or is your planet actually stationary
and the universe is rotating around it? ;-)

Post a reply to this message