POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness Server Time
10 Oct 2024 16:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  YouTube lameness (Message 67 to 76 of 166)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: YouTube lameness
Date: 18 Nov 2008 13:07:57
Message: <4923047d@news.povray.org>
>> So you're seriously suggesting that somebody did all that R&D just to
>> illegally copy stuff?
>
> Sure, if it means they can get loads of free music and movies. Human
> nature 101.

That's like sayin DARPA was commissioned to design a system for mass
porn dissemination! o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 18 Nov 2008 13:19:40
Message: <4923073c$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> So you're seriously suggesting that somebody did all that R&D just to
>>> illegally copy stuff?
>>
>> Sure, if it means they can get loads of free music and movies. Human
>> nature 101.
>
> That's like sayin DARPA was commissioned to design a system for mass
> porn dissemination! o_O

You mean it wasn't? XD

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 18 Nov 2008 13:56:36
Message: <49230fe4@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

>> That's like sayin DARPA was commissioned to design a system for mass
>> porn dissemination! o_O
>>

> You mean it wasn't? XD

...this would radically alter my mental image of the US military. o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 18 Nov 2008 14:00:36
Message: <492310d4$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> ...this would radically alter my mental image of the US military. o_O

Heh. I remember in just about every commissary and exchange there being
certain "top shelf" magazines available for purchase. Wouldn't change my
perception a bit ...

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> ...this would radically alter my mental image of the US military. o_O
>>

> Heh. I remember in just about every commissary and exchange there being
> certain "top shelf" magazines available for purchase. Wouldn't change my
> perception a bit ...

So that's why there were so many weird pictures in FarCry then...?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>> ...this would radically alter my mental image of the US military. o_O
>>>

>> Heh. I remember in just about every commissary and exchange there
>> being certain "top shelf" magazines available for purchase. Wouldn't
>> change my perception a bit ...
>
> So that's why there were so many weird pictures in FarCry then...?

? err What do you mean? (I've never played FarCry before) Now I'm afraid.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> So that's why there were so many weird pictures in FarCry then...?
>
> ? err What do you mean? (I've never played FarCry before) Now I'm afraid.

Lots of the mercenary camps have magazines scattered around with
scantily-clad ladies in them. At least, I *think* that's what those 12
pixels are supposed to represent... kinda hard to tell.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>>> So that's why there were so many weird pictures in FarCry then...?
>>
>> ? err What do you mean? (I've never played FarCry before) Now I'm afraid.
>
> Lots of the mercenary camps have magazines scattered around with
> scantily-clad ladies in them. At least, I *think* that's what those 12
> pixels are supposed to represent... kinda hard to tell.

Oh.. yep. thats why :) Those mags were very available on the base, but
you couldn't find them off base in the city I lived in, where I lived
was known as part of the "bible belt". But the base had all of the
hustler and playboy you could ever want.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message