POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube lameness Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:23:22 EDT (-0400)
  YouTube lameness (Message 61 to 70 of 166)
From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: Re: YouTube lameness
Date: 18 Nov 2008 11:36:15
Message: <4922eeff$2@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>> Some ISPs started blocking it or throttling speed by detecting the
>> protocol.
>
> Now, see, if I paid money to access the Internet, and then my ISP tried
> to prevent me accessing the Internet, I'd be... quite upset.

	Except that the TOS generally allows them to do it.

--
Psychoceramics: The study of crackpots.

                    /\  /\               /\  /
                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 18 Nov 2008 11:41:14
Message: <4922f02a$1@news.povray.org>
>> Now, see, if I paid money to access the Internet, and then my ISP tried
>> to prevent me accessing the Internet, I'd be... quite upset.
>
> 	Except that the TOS generally allows them to do it.

Well then if the TOS says "you cannot use protocol X", you go find a
different ISP.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 18 Nov 2008 12:27:10
Message: <4922faee$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> So you're seriously suggesting that somebody did all that R&D just to
> illegally copy stuff?

Sure, if it means they can get loads of free music and movies. Human
nature 101.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message