POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Luniversity studies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 07:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  Luniversity studies (Message 154 to 163 of 203)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Luniversity studies
Date: 14 Nov 2008 08:41:40
Message: <491d8014$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

>> 2. What actually *is* Slashdot? I keep hearing about it, but I'm still
>> unclear on what it's supposed to "be".
>
> That tears it! Your geek license is officially revoked. :P

What, *again*? o_O

> It's a tech news site.

Oh, is *that* what it's supposed to be?

> The comments section is famous for "First Post"
> type posts and disguised links to disgusting pictures. You think
> rickrolling is bad? Try a goatse. It was born on slashdot.

And trolls and endless flamewars and apparently clueless people and
arguments about text editors and... Yes, this is well documented. I
wasn't aware that the site has actual *benefits* though. I just avoid it.

> Shame, shame. You don't know what slashdot is...

Now I'm left wondering what the hell rickrolling is...

Post a reply to this message