POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 9D hypercardigan Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  9D hypercardigan (Message 1 to 10 of 23)
From: Invisible
Subject: 9D hypercardigan
Date: 11 Nov 2008 04:02:37
Message: <49194a2d@news.povray.org>
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1267

Post a reply to this message

From: Halbert
Subject: Re: 9D hypercardigan
Date: 11 Nov 2008 10:56:22
Message: <4919ab26$1@news.povray.org>
That reminded me of something I saw once. I just did a search on topological
crochet and found this:

http://www.squidoo.com/mathknit

This looks like a craft taylor made for you.

From: Invisible
Date: 11 Nov 2008 10:58:39
Message: <4919abaf$1@news.povray.org>
Halbert wrote:

> http://www.squidoo.com/mathknit

...da HELL?! O_O

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 11 Nov 2008 11:17:32
Message: <4919b01c@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1267

  I wonder why everyone is always so concerned about the violation of the
second law of thermodynamics. What about the first law? Why isn't anyone
concerned about that one? Someone might be violating the first law of
thermodynamics right now, and nobody cares!

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>   I wonder why everyone is always so concerned about the violation of the
> second law of thermodynamics. What about the first law? Why isn't anyone
> concerned about that one? Someone might be violating the first law of
> thermodynamics right now, and nobody cares!

Tell me: Precisely *how* could you possibly violate the First Law? ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> >   I wonder why everyone is always so concerned about the violation of the
> > second law of thermodynamics. What about the first law? Why isn't anyone
> > concerned about that one? Someone might be violating the first law of
> > thermodynamics right now, and nobody cares!

> Tell me: Precisely *how* could you possibly violate the First Law? ;-)

  With a perpetual motion machine, of course.

  There's also a third law of thermodynamics. Is anyone watching that one?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>>>   I wonder why everyone is always so concerned about the violation of the
>>> second law of thermodynamics. What about the first law? Why isn't anyone
>>> concerned about that one? Someone might be violating the first law of
>>> thermodynamics right now, and nobody cares!
>
>> Tell me: Precisely *how* could you possibly violate the First Law? ;-)
>
>   With a perpetual motion machine, of course.
>
>   There's also a third law of thermodynamics. Is anyone watching that one?

...OK, checking what Wikipedia has to say on the matter, the 1st law
says something radically different from what I was expecting.

I guess this is what happens when you learn thermodynamics from Flanders
& Swan. :-P

Post a reply to this message

>   There's also a third law of thermodynamics. Is anyone watching that one?

The second law has something to do with entropy. Why is everyone so
concerned with entropy?

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message