POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's here! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  It's here! (Message 73 to 82 of 92)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: It's here!
Date: 8 Nov 2008 03:15:10
Message: <49154a8e$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Good job - seriously!

Thank you. :-)

Months of practise for multiple hours a day, every day, etc etc.

> By the way, I used to play the piano for my wife all the time when we
> first started going out.  You have no idea how many girls love a guy who
> can play :)  Unfortunately, there aren't many public places where you
> can just walk up to a keyboard and go to town on it - schools and
> churches seem to be the only ones.

O RLY?

So girls like musicians, eh? Is this just in America, or everywhere?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: andrel
Date: 8 Nov 2008 04:42:54
Message: <49155F74.4080200@hotmail.com>
On 08-Nov-08 9:15, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>> Good job - seriously!
>
> Thank you. :-)
>
> Months of practise for multiple hours a day, every day, etc etc.
>
>> By the way, I used to play the piano for my wife all the time when we
>> first started going out.  You have no idea how many girls love a guy who
>> can play :)  Unfortunately, there aren't many public places where you
>> can just walk up to a keyboard and go to town on it - schools and
>> churches seem to be the only ones.
>
> O RLY?
>
> So girls like musicians, eh? Is this just in America, or everywhere?

Some do, everywhere, they are often referred to as 'groupies'.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 8 Nov 2008 11:51:55
Message: <4915c3ab@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Even though the recording quality is pathetic, you still get an
> impression of what an amazing instrument this is.

That's the best Vox Humana I've heard on a pipe organ.

Ah, this is the kind of thing I was talking about, altho this is
obviously synthesized rather than a real pipe organ.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Gztizq_4U

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 8 Nov 2008 14:42:36
Message: <4915ebac$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> That's the best Vox Humana I've heard on a pipe organ.

Damned straight! o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Tom Austin
Date: 10 Nov 2008 08:32:32
Message: <491837f0@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>> Good job - seriously!
>
> Thank you. :-)
>
> Months of practise for multiple hours a day, every day, etc etc.
>
>> By the way, I used to play the piano for my wife all the time when we
>> first started going out.  You have no idea how many girls love a guy who
>> can play :)  Unfortunately, there aren't many public places where you
>> can just walk up to a keyboard and go to town on it - schools and
>> churches seem to be the only ones.
>
> O RLY?
>
> So girls like musicians, eh? Is this just in America, or everywhere?

Invite a girl to the church to *help* you play.

make sure it is real cold inside ;-)

Tom

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 10 Nov 2008 08:34:26
Message: <49183862$1@news.povray.org>
>> O RLY?
>>
>> So girls like musicians, eh? Is this just in America, or everywhere?
>>

> Invite a girl to the church to *help* you play.
>
> make sure it is real cold inside ;-)

That's an excellent idea.

Now, where the HELL am I going to find a girl? :-P

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Austin
Date: 10 Nov 2008 09:12:18
Message: <49184142$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> O RLY?
>>>
>>> So girls like musicians, eh? Is this just in America, or everywhere?
>>>

>> Invite a girl to the church to *help* you play.
>>
>> make sure it is real cold inside ;-)
>
> That's an excellent idea.
>
> Now, where the HELL am I going to find a girl? :-P

another idea....

keep playing and ( in movie voice inflection ) "they will come......"

Ok, it's hard to give the *movie voice* inflection with pure text.

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 10 Nov 2008 09:27:58
Message: <491844ee@news.povray.org>
>> Invite a girl to the church to *help* you play.
>>
>> make sure it is real cold inside ;-)
>
> That's an excellent idea.
>
> Now, where the HELL am I going to find a girl? :-P

At a church.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 10 Nov 2008 11:36:47
Message: <4918631f@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Now, where the HELL am I going to find a girl? :-P

Well, given the fact that roughly 50% of the human population is female
... there should be one nearby. :)
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 10 Nov 2008 13:37:43
Message: <49187f77$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Now, where the HELL am I going to find a girl? :-P

You can make one. Just make couple of women pregnant and one of them
probably will give you a girl after 40 weeks.

-Aero