POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Raise shields! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Raise shields! (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Raise shields!
Date: 5 Nov 2008 02:26:08
Message: <49114a90@news.povray.org>
http://www.universetoday.com/2008/11/04/ion-shield-for-interplanetary-spaceships-now-a-reality/

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Re: Raise shields!
Date: 5 Nov 2008 10:50:00
Message: <web.4911bfc11c3af20085de7b680@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

http://www.universetoday.com/2008/11/04/ion-shield-for-interplanetary-spaceships-now-a-reality/

We can do anything!

Next project: artifical gravity to prevent bone loss.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 5 Nov 2008 12:31:32
Message: <4911d874@news.povray.org>
> Next project: artifical gravity to prevent bone loss.

  A rotating spaceship should be close enough.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 5 Nov 2008 13:25:21
Message: <4911e511$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>> Next project: artifical gravity to prevent bone loss.
>
>   A rotating spaceship should be close enough.

So how do we keep the phasers aimed at the Borg ships?

John

--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 5 Nov 2008 13:30:00
Message: <web.4911e6091c3af2006117f2130@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> > Next project: artifical gravity to prevent bone loss.
>
>   A rotating spaceship should be close enough.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

A proper spaceship would be even better.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 5 Nov 2008 13:35:00
Message: <web.4911e71c1c3af2006117f2130@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> > Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> >> Next project: artifical gravity to prevent bone loss.
> >
> >   A rotating spaceship should be close enough.
> >
> So how do we keep the phasers aimed at the Borg ships?
>
> John

Keep Scotty drunk ;)

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 5 Nov 2008 13:47:37
Message: <4911ea49$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>>   A rotating spaceship should be close enough.
>>>
>> So how do we keep the phasers aimed at the Borg ships?
>>
>> John
>>

> Keep Scotty drunk ;)
>
> Stephen

Is that a hint? ;-)

John

From: Stephen
Date: 5 Nov 2008 13:55:01
Message: <web.4911eb871c3af2006117f2130@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
> > Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
> >>>
> >> So how do we keep the phasers aimed at the Borg ships?
> >>
> >> John
> >>

> > Keep Scotty drunk ;)
> >
> > Stephen
> >
> Is that a hint? ;-)
>
> John

Now that you mention it :)

Me

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 5 Nov 2008 14:58:15
Message: <4911fad7$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:
> So how do we keep the phasers aimed at the Borg ships?

If we can have computers on tanks that are going 40MPH over terrain
rough enough to have the tank leaving the ground, firing mortars at
other tanks on the same sort of terrain several miles away and hitting
them with good accuracy, I'm pretty sure a bit of constant rotation
won't be the problem there. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message

From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 5 Nov 2008 15:12:33
Message: <4911fe31$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>> Cousin Ricky <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>>> Next project: artifical gravity to prevent bone loss.
>>   A rotating spaceship should be close enough.
>>
> So how do we keep the phasers aimed at the Borg ships?

Multiple redundancy. If we fit enough phasers, some of them will always
be aimed at the Borg.