POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The pulse Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  The pulse (Message 34 to 43 of 43)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: The pulse
Date: 5 Nov 2008 13:04:16
Message: <4911e020$1@news.povray.org>
andrel escreveu:
> On 05-Nov-08 18:50, nemesis wrote:
>> andrel escreveu:

>>> Because otherwise you can not use the sound of the name as an
>>> indication to distinguish the two.
>>
>> Ludwig and Friedrich are pretty good indications of german nationality.
> exactly. Somehow I think at least one of us is not getting what the
> other means.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 5 Nov 2008 13:30:00
Message: <web.4911e5917c6d3f2f6117f2130@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

He Wasn't?

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 5 Nov 2008 13:48:52
Message: <4911ea94@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>

> He Wasn't?
>
> Stephen

No, he was German by birth, but took English Nationality later on

John
--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 5 Nov 2008 13:49:17
Message: <4911eaad$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen escreveu:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>

> He Wasn't?

Now I'm confused again! :P

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 5 Nov 2008 13:51:31
Message: <4911eb33$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen escreveu:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>

> He Wasn't?
>
> Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 5 Nov 2008 14:00:00
Message: <web.4911ec1e7c6d3f2f6117f2130@news.povray.org>
Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
> > nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >

> > He Wasn't?
> >
> > Stephen
> >
> No, he was German by birth, but took English Nationality later on

Is that why Percy Grainger wrote Handel in the Strand?

Him

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 5 Nov 2008 14:00:01
Message: <web.4911ed137c6d3f2f6117f2130@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Stephen escreveu:
> > nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >

> > He Wasn't?
>
> Now I'm confused again! :P

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 5 Nov 2008 14:05:01
Message: <web.4911edc57c6d3f2f6117f2130@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Stephen escreveu:
> > nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >

> > He Wasn't?
> >
> > Stephen

And Andrel's a low lander.

As am I BTW.

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 5 Nov 2008 16:06:54
Message: <49120B44.1090106@hotmail.com>
On 05-Nov-08 19:49, nemesis wrote:
> Stephen escreveu:
>> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>

>> He Wasn't?
>
> Now I'm confused again! :P
Ok, shall we do a recap? Nah, you should never explain a joke or a
newsgroup tread.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Nov 2008 23:58:33
Message: <49127979$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 19:58:19 -0200, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> "Cole's Law: Thinly sliced cabbage."

That's the one. :-)

Jim