POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : War of the codecs Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  War of the codecs (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: War of the codecs
Date: 4 Nov 2008 17:14:53
Message: <4910c95d@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Question: Does anybody still make MPEG acceleration cards for the PC any
> more?

They're usually built into either the video output card or the capture
card. I imagine some people make stand-alone MPEG cards, but it's not
the sort of thing you'll see on the shelf at Circuit City. Getting a TV
tuner card with a built-in MPEG compressor isn't difficult, tho.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message