POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Drawering Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Drawering (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Drawering
Date: 1 Nov 2008 05:20:40
Message: <490c1f68@news.povray.org>
http://cgi.4chan.org/ic/res/286726.html

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Drawering
Date: 1 Nov 2008 05:39:47
Message: <490c23e3@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> http://cgi.4chan.org/ic/res/286726.html

  Seems to be lacking the caudal fin. Making a google image search of
"fish skeleton" I can't find even one example where there's no caudal fin.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Cook
Date: 1 Nov 2008 05:56:29
Message: <490c27cd@news.povray.org>
>  Seems to be lacking the caudal fin. Making a google image search of
> "fish skeleton" I can't find even one example where there's no caudal fin.

Try "dolphin skeleton".  Dorsal & caudal fin are cartilagenous.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message
> >  Seems to be lacking the caudal fin. Making a google image search of
> > "fish skeleton" I can't find even one example where there's no caudal fin.

> Try "dolphin skeleton".  Dorsal & caudal fin are cartilagenous.

  I suppose it all comes down to the finer details of the mythology, but
all classical depictions I remember always have had a fish lower body
(with scales).

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>  I suppose it all comes down to the finer details of the mythology, but
> all classical depictions I remember always have had a fish lower body
> (with scales).

Yah, but a dolphin-like lower body makes more physiological sense, what with
both being mammal.