POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fujitsu Lifebook Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Fujitsu Lifebook (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Fujitsu Lifebook
Date: 17 Oct 2008 22:29:52
Message: <48f94a20@news.povray.org>
By the by, this is what I ended up getting at the beginning of last month
for want of a computer.  Actually I'd been looking at getting this since
last year, after my Toshiba developed a crack in the outer layer of the
screen and they don't service just that, you have to replace the whole
screen, even though the display and input is fine.

Fujitsu Lifebook T2010, 2 GB RAM (good thing I got the extra gig, as Vista
throws all the programs in there to speed things up, eating up pretty much a
gig for Windows and all the extras a tablet needs), 80 GB HD (if I haven't
got my computers back or even heard anything about when I'll get them back
by Dec. and manage to stay under my budget, I'll go ahead and buy a new
external TB, they're cheap).  The outdoor display was an extra $150, but man
is it worth it...er, not that I go outdoors much.  Overran my budget on
it...by $17.  Not bad on a $2000 item, esp. when that's including tax.

Had to figure out how to use my BlackBerry as a modem, since I'm trying to
cut costs...hoorah for unlimited data plans.  Unfortunately it's only 115.2
kbps.  T_T

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net