POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Metric redux Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Metric redux (Message 61 to 70 of 120)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Metric redux
Date: 15 Oct 2008 14:30:41
Message: <5edcf4dcbhjmced5742n41h12mdk726ppd@4ax.com>
On 15 Oct 2008 13:47:45 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>That's right - but I want to say the kph was on the outside whereas on US
>cars it's on the inside.

I am contradicting you tonight :P. On my car the kph is on the inside and it is
in red so that it does not distract (I think) this was not helpful to me when I
drove it for 9 months on the continent a few years ago and could not make out
the speed at night.

>More fun in your head is to convert the cost there to US dollars per US
>gallon....

If only the exchange rate would stay the same at the end of a journey as it was
at the beginning :)
--

Regards
     Stephen