POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Metric redux Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Metric redux (Message 11 to 20 of 120)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Metric redux
Date: 14 Oct 2008 10:13:52
Message: <48f4a920$1@news.povray.org>
>> Is anyones system mixed like that?
>
> Yes.

Ah yes, beer and road signs :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 14 Oct 2008 10:26:59
Message: <48f4ac33$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>> Is anyones system mixed like that?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> Ah yes, beer and road signs :-)

Not to mention people's weight and height (but not clothing
measurements, oddly enough). Until recently most food was sold in
imperial units. AFAIK wood is still sold as "two-be-four". ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> Not to mention people's weight and height (but not clothing measurements,
> oddly enough).

I thought you still bought a pair of jeans as "33/34" or whatever?

> Until recently most food was sold in imperial units. AFAIK wood is still
> sold as "two-be-four". ;-)

Last time I went to B&Q all the wood was in metric, I don't think they are
allowed to mark it in imperial anymore.

Also, did you know, that it's illegal to sell draught beer in metric?!?!

Post a reply to this message