POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vent: I so want to eviscerate the project I'm working on Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Vent: I so want to eviscerate the project I'm working on (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Vent: I so want to eviscerate the project I'm working on
Date: 29 Sep 2008 11:14:56
Message: <48e0f0f0$1@news.povray.org>
Arrrrgh.

I'm at an impasse. I want to respect the work of my predecessor, but at
the same time, I want to totally eviscerate the project. There are
fundamental things I don't like about the architecture of the
application, and I've been mentally wrestling with myself trying to
fight the urge of evisceration. The project is a prototype. So, I guess
evisceration is an option.

The plugin architecture feels broken to me. Part of me keeps telling
myself that its just not designed to my way of thinking, part of me
keeps screaming a UI component such as a form should not expose
properties fundamental to the plug-in such as plugin name, etc...

Obviously the way it was designed makes sense to someone :/
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> The plugin architecture feels broken to me. Part of me keeps telling
> myself that its just not designed to my way of thinking, part of me
> keeps screaming a UI component such as a form should not expose
> properties fundamental to the plug-in such as plugin name, etc...

Plus, they've broken the Visual Studio form designer by making the base
class abstract (I agree the properties describing the plugin should be
abstract, I'm not sure about those properties on the form)

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message