POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthy? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Healthy? (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Healthy?
Date: 29 Sep 2008 15:19:06
Message: <48e12a2a$1@news.povray.org>
You know you've been using Haskell too long when...

...you go to eat a 2 Kg block of chocolate, and you begin by recursively
subdividing it until you reach single-square chunks, and you proceed eat
those in depth-first order. o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> You know you've been using Haskell too long when...
>
> ...you go to eat a 2 Kg block of chocolate,

Point taken, no need to go further to prove Haskell is horrible for your
health.

Post a reply to this message

> "Orchid XP v8" <voi### [at] devnull> wrote in message
>
>> You know you've been using Haskell too long when...
>>
>> ...you go to eat a 2 Kg block of chocolate,
>
> Point taken, no need to go further to prove Haskell is horrible for your
> health.

Better than taking a pointer to the chocolate first, then consuming it
piece by piece by running it into a for loop incrementing the pointer. ;)

Post a reply to this message

> You know you've been using Haskell too long when...
>
> ...you go to eat a 2 Kg block of chocolate, and you begin by recursively
> subdividing it until you reach single-square chunks, and you proceed eat
> those in depth-first order. o_O

You know, I also posted this on the actual Haskell mailing list.

...currently they're debating how you would correctly handle the case of
a chocolate bar containing an infinite number of squares! o_O

(Something about "Dedekind cuts"...)

Seriously, WTF? I was *joking*, people!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> You know you've been using Haskell too long when...
>
> ...you go to eat a ...

I see not much has changed around here.  ;)

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 13:15:22 -0400, Tom Galvin <tom### [at] impnospamorg> wrote:

>> You know you've been using Haskell too long when...
>>
>> ...you go to eat a ...
>

>I see not much has changed around here.  ;)

But it will when we get Pov Ver 4.0 ;)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

4.0? AFAIK we don't have 3.7 yet! o_O (And the most recent beta expired
a month ago...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 13:15:22 -0400, Tom Galvin <tom### [at] impnospamorg> wrote:
>
>>> You know you've been using Haskell too long when...
>>>
>>> ...you go to eat a ...
>>
>> I see not much has changed around here.  ;)
>>

> But it will when we get Pov Ver 4.0 ;)

Will it be bundled with girlfriend 1.0?

Post a reply to this message