POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mechanical beauty Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Mechanical beauty (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: m a r c
Subject: Mechanical beauty
Date: 22 Sep 2008 03:15:14
Message: <48d74602@news.povray.org>
Making a  web search about a mid 70's band from Quebec called 'Harmonium', I
stumbled on that thing.
http://www.tatjavanvark.nl/harmonium/

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Mechanical beauty
Date: 22 Sep 2008 08:41:38
Message: <48d79282@news.povray.org>
m_a_r_c <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> http://www.tatjavanvark.nl/harmonium/

  The background makes the entire images look rendered.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 22 Sep 2008 15:46:13
Message: <48D7F64F.1060908@hotmail.com>
On 22-Sep-08 9:15, m_a_r_c wrote:
> Making a  web search about a mid 70's band from Quebec called 'Harmonium', I
> stumbled on that thing.
> http://www.tatjavanvark.nl/harmonium/

<speechless> Wauw </speechless>

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 22 Sep 2008 16:25:22
Message: <48d7ff32$1@news.povray.org>
What *is* it?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: andrel
Date: 22 Sep 2008 16:28:49
Message: <48D8004A.7010203@hotmail.com>
On 22-Sep-08 22:25, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> What *is* it?

Some sort of mechanical synthesizer.

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 23 Sep 2008 03:40:44
Message: <48d89d7c@news.povray.org>
>> What *is* it?
>>
> Some sort of mechanical synthesizer.

It seems to be able to do spectrum analysis too, with the integrator having
inputs from the sythesizer and some external input.

Post a reply to this message

> It seems to be able to do spectrum analysis too, with the integrator
> having inputs from the sythesizer and some external input.

That's pretty crazy...

Post a reply to this message

>> It seems to be able to do spectrum analysis too, with the integrator
>> having inputs from the sythesizer and some external input.
>
> That's pretty crazy...

It's surprising how simply things like arithmetic and calculus can be done
mechanically.

Post a reply to this message

> It's surprising how simply things like arithmetic and calculus can be
> done mechanically.

When I looked at this device, "simple" wasn't what came to mind... ;-)

Post a reply to this message

>> It's surprising how simply things like arithmetic and calculus can be
>> done mechanically.
>
> When I looked at this device, "simple" wasn't what came to mind... ;-)

Hehe yes, I'd never have thought you could make a spectrum analyser
mechanically!