POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New Work... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  New Work... (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: New Work...
Date: 22 Sep 2008 08:52:19
Message: <48d79503$1@news.povray.org>
I was laid off, but now have a new job :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: New Work...
Date: 22 Sep 2008 08:57:26
Message: <qg5fd4h2i0vphohfobr0g3crtceikhl1dk@4ax.com>
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:51:10 -0500, Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I was laid off, but now have a new job :)

Congrats, what is it?
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 22 Sep 2008 09:13:53
Message: <48d79a11$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:51:10 -0500, Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I was laid off, but now have a new job :)
>
> Congrats, what is it?

Working for a sister company of the company I was laid off from. A bit
different as it's no longer equipment, but still programming.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>>> I was laid off, but now have a new job :)
>>
>> Congrats, what is it?
>
>Working for a sister company of the company I was laid off from. A bit
>different as it's no longer equipment, but still programming.

Good luck with it.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> Congrats, what is it?
>> Working for a sister company of the company I was laid off from. A bit
>> different as it's no longer equipment, but still programming.
>
> Good luck with it.

Thanks. It's taking a while to ramp up. I suspect once things get
rolling, my reading of these newsgroups will take a steep dive. I used
to follow p.ot pretty closely ... even if I wasn't an "active" poster.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>rolling, my reading of these newsgroups will take a steep dive. I used
>to follow p.ot pretty closely ... even if I wasn't an "active" poster.

I know, the best I can do is to catch up at the weekend, I work from home
Mondays.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:12:45 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:

> Stephen wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:51:10 -0500, Mike Raiford
>> <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I was laid off, but now have a new job :)
>>
>> Congrats, what is it?
>
> Working for a sister company of the company I was laid off from. A bit
> different as it's no longer equipment, but still programming.

That's good news - it's good to see that the market's good enough still
that getting re-hired didn't take long for you. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:12:45 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:
>
> > Stephen wrote:

> >> Congrats, what is it?
> >
> > Working for a sister company of the company I was laid off from. A bit
> > different as it's no longer equipment, but still programming.
>
> That's good news - it's good to see that the market's good enough still
> that getting re-hired didn't take long for you. :-)

Lordy, no. It took years after the year 2000 debacle. The bottom dropped out of
the SAP market. It only picked up about 4 years ago, that is for me.
These Pov groups kept me sane (-ish).

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:28:02 -0400, Stephen wrote:

> Lordy, no. It took years after the year 2000 debacle. The bottom dropped
> out of the SAP market. It only picked up about 4 years ago, that is for
> me. These Pov groups kept me sane (-ish).

Well, it didn't seem to take long for Mike.... :-)

There have been days while even being employed that these groups have
kept me sane.... :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> There have been days while even being employed that these groups have
> kept me sane.... :-)
>
> Jim

The last time, around ohhh, about 2003 ... it took me 9 months to find a
job. I just got lucky this time.

--
~Mike