POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sometimes, Haskell wins Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Sometimes, Haskell wins (Message 24 to 33 of 33)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Sometimes, Haskell wins
Date: 24 Sep 2008 17:29:07
Message: <48dab123$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> substituting the irrelevant term "bytecode" for "managed code":

Bytecode comes from Smalltalk, where each opcode was a byte. "Managed
code" means your resources are managed by the VM. So they really do mean
different orthogonal things.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 24 Sep 2008 17:47:27
Message: <48dab56f@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> The sad thing is that the places where performance shouldn't really matter is
> the place where C/C++/Java/C# are firmly entrenched:  running custom apps in TI
> sections of non-software developer firms.

  I think that one reason for that is the vast amount of libraries available
for those languages, as well as the amount of programmers with experience.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message