POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sometimes, Haskell wins Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:11:10 EDT (-0400)
  Sometimes, Haskell wins (Message 14 to 23 of 33)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Sometimes, Haskell wins
Date: 23 Sep 2008 21:38:10
Message: <48d99a02$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Another good example is Objective C, which has a rather small market
> (which is growing a bit due to the iPhone, though).

I thought all the NeXT and thus Mac OSX stuff was programmed in
Objective-C? (Which was around even before the NeXT, also.)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 24 Sep 2008 04:37:21
Message: <48d9fc41$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

> Basically nobody knows what D is.

I recall seeing a language floating around (a *long* time ago!) called
E, and another called F.

IIRC, the language before C was called B, so it's quite possible that
more than one person has come up with a "better than C" language and
called it "D" or "E" or whatever... ;-)

>   Not all attempts have failed though. Java and C# are examples of
> successful ones. (Although in their cases the changes from C/C++ have
> been a bit more radical.)

The conspicuous thing is that both of those languages are backed be huge
well-known corporations...

Post a reply to this message