POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A comic comic Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:04:44 EDT (-0400)
  A comic comic (Message 10 to 19 of 19)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: A comic comic
Date: 22 Sep 2008 11:33:17
Message: <48d7babd$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:14:02 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> http://www.xkcd.com/479/
>
> At last, XKCD starts winning again! :-D
>
> Although I'm now thinking about reconfiguring my phone to make a sound
> like a klaxon horn or something, rather than just ringing. Hmm, or maybe
> an air raid siren?

One of the guys here recorded a scream as his ringtone.  He was in a week
of development meetings, and at the end of one of the presentations, the
speaker asked if anyone had any questions, and his phone rang "in
response".

I'm thinking I want to record a kitten and use it for the new message
tone for my blackberry.  We just moved into cubicles here, and I think it
would drive people batty to think there was a kitten wandering around
here lost. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> I'm thinking I want to record a kitten and use it for the new message
> tone for my blackberry.  We just moved into cubicles here, and I think it
> would drive people batty to think there was a kitten wandering around
> here lost. ;-)

You're aware of ThinkGeek's Anoy-A-Tron, right?

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:42:12 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking I want to record a kitten and use it for the new message
>> tone for my blackberry.  We just moved into cubicles here, and I think
>> it would drive people batty to think there was a kitten wandering
>> around here lost. ;-)
>
> You're aware of ThinkGeek's Anoy-A-Tron, right?

Absolutely, I've thought about getting one of those as well, but only for
the times my management is in town. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message