POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : amusing Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  amusing (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: m a r c
Subject: Re: amusing
Date: 20 Sep 2008 18:35:02
Message: <48d57a96$1@news.povray.org>

48d48f0b$1@news.povray.org...

> I don't really follow off topic too much so don't know if htis had been
> posted, but I found it amusing.  Scored 8.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5tkxcc

I scored 4.
I agree one can't really see if his performance is good.

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: m a r c
Date: 20 Sep 2008 18:46:29
Message: <48d57d45@news.povray.org>

48d57a96$1@news.povray.org...
> I scored 4.
At 2nd try with a little more attention I score 0
That means as other senses, color vision is improved by training :-)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 20 Sep 2008 18:55:16
Message: <48d57f54$1@news.povray.org>
m_a_r_c nous illumina en ce 2008-09-20 18:35 -->
> "Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 48d48f0b$1@news.povray.org...
>> I don't really follow off topic too much so don't know if htis had been
>> posted, but I found it amusing.  Scored 8.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/5tkxcc
>
> I scored 4.
> I agree one can't really see if his performance is good.
>
> Marc

4 is prety good. The lower your score, the better.

--
Alain
Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for large values of 2.

Post a reply to this message

From: m a r c
Date: 20 Sep 2008 19:00:53
Message: <48d580a5$1@news.povray.org>

48d57f54$1@news.povray.org...

> 4 is prety good. The lower your score, the better.

I understood that, thank you :)
But that does not say where I am on the scores distribution for my age
range.
BTW the last try gave a score of 11 while I was certain to be fairly good
:-/
Certainly time to go to bed ^^

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Date: 20 Sep 2008 21:30:29
Message: <48d5a3b5$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

> Evolutionary the retina was brain tissue, somehow I don't think this is
> what you meant.

You are right,  I meant that I could mentally influence my perception.
To a limited extent, if I expected a certain tile would fall in a
certain place my eye would confirm my expectation.

Post a reply to this message

From: John VanSickle
Date: 21 Sep 2008 01:52:43
Message: <48d5e12b@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:

> I don't really follow off topic too much so don't know if htis had been
> posted, but I found it amusing.  Scored 8.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5tkxcc

That's what I got.

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 21 Sep 2008 03:50:25
Message: <48d5fcc1$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood wrote:

> I scored 20.

Well I scored 27.

But we all know I suck...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: m a r c
Date: 21 Sep 2008 04:32:47
Message: <48d606af$1@news.povray.org>

48d5fcc1$1@news.povray.org...
> Tim Attwood wrote:
>
>> I scored 20.
>
> Well I scored 27.
>
> But we all know I suck...

This morning after a good night, I scored 21, much worse than yesterday
night.
But now sun is shining (though not directly on my CRT) and I suspect this
makes hues less easy to discriminate.

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 21 Sep 2008 06:55:28
Message: <48D6286A.70507@hotmail.com>
On 20-Sep-08 7:49, Jim Charter wrote:

> I don't really follow off topic too much so don't know if htis had been
> posted, but I found it amusing.  Scored 8.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5tkxcc

Do I spot a trend that the younger people score higher? ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 22 Sep 2008 12:31:29
Message: <48d7c861$1@news.povray.org>
andrel nous illumina en ce 2008-09-21 06:56 -->
> On 20-Sep-08 7:49, Jim Charter wrote:
>>
>> I don't really follow off topic too much so don't know if htis had
>> been posted, but I found it amusing.  Scored 8.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/5tkxcc
>
> Do I spot a trend that the younger people score higher? ;)
Maybe the youngers are not as patient as ther elders. Or just say, now, it's
good enough. Or don't bother to make the effort needed.

--
Alain
I've always wanted to be somebody but don't remember who.