POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Multitasking Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Multitasking (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Invisible
Subject: Multitasking
Date: 18 Sep 2008 06:02:57
Message: <48d22751$1@news.povray.org>
At this very instant, my PC is running a QEMU virtual machine running
the Windows XP installation procedure (which now has only "37 minute
remaining"), a ping monitor that's counting the number of packets
dropped between the UK and HQ, Outlook 2003, Word 2003, Thunderbird
(obviously!), and just to top it off, Firefox is open on a page full of
dancing Flash animations.

I need a more powerful machine. Or maybe just a spare machine to run all
the other stuff on... The virtual machine installation has been going
for about 2 hours so far. Hmm, maybe I should run the ping monitor from
the server, so it's always active? I'd need to improve the logging though...

Post a reply to this message

> the Windows XP installation procedure (which now has only "37 minute
> remaining")

Only "24 minutes" now - yay!

Post a reply to this message

"19 minutes"... these are the longest minutes EVER! :-/

Post a reply to this message

> "19 minutes"... these are the longest minutes EVER! :-/

"16 minutes" - yes, Yes, YES!!

Post a reply to this message

Only "6 minutes" to go now... heh. Can you tell how interesting this isn't?

Post a reply to this message

>> QEMU virtual machine running the Windows XP installation procedure
>> (which now has only "37 minute remaining")
>
> Only "24 minutes" now - yay!

I like the time left shown for copy in Windows - or a install.

3 minutes remaining
10 minutes remaining
4 hours remaining
2 days remaining