POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Set expansion Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Set expansion (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Invisible
Subject: Set expansion
Date: 16 Sep 2008 11:24:02
Message: <48cfcf92$1@news.povray.org>
Does anybody know of a good resource for learning C++?

I'm sure a quick Internet search will turn up an endless array of books
and online articles on the subject. But that's not what I'm asking. I'm
asking if anybody knows a *good* resource. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 17:24:01 +0200, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> Does anybody know of a good resource for learning C++?
>
> I'm sure a quick Internet search will turn up an endless array of books
> and online articles on the subject. But that's not what I'm asking. I'm
> asking if anybody knows a *good* resource. ;-)

http://accu.org/index.php/book_reviews?url=search.xqy?field=subject&term=beginner's+c%2b%2b

Pay no attention to the bottom two thirds of the list.

These might be good starting points (though I have read neither myself):

http://accu.org/index.php/book_reviews?url=view.xqy?review=y003687
http://accu.org/index.php/book_reviews?url=view.xqy?review=7908308024972801493

--
FE

Post a reply to this message

> Does anybody know of a good resource for learning C++?
>
> I'm sure a quick Internet search will turn up an endless array of books
> and online articles on the subject. But that's not what I'm asking. I'm
> asking if anybody knows a *good* resource. ;-)

try this

I found it simple, yet ground up.

Not the -type this to do this- stuff.

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

Tom

Post a reply to this message

> Does anybody know of a good resource for learning C++?

  These might be good:

http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/programming_books/thinking_in_c++/
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/programming_books/c++_practical_programming/index.html

--