POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Thames Television logo image Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  The Thames Television logo image (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Warp
Subject: The Thames Television logo image
Date: 13 Sep 2008 14:27:35
Message: <48cc0617@news.povray.org>
Anyone who has seen almost any (especially older) British TV series
probably recognizes the old Thames Television logo screen:

http://img.search.com/f/fd/300px-Thames.jpg

  Question: What's wrong with that picture?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>   Anyone who has seen almost any (especially older) British TV series
> probably recognizes the old Thames Television logo screen:
>
> http://img.search.com/f/fd/300px-Thames.jpg
>
>   Question: What's wrong with that picture?

That the weather is good :-) ?

The water surface looks like it is curved, from the reflections. I don't
know how they did this montage...

--
Vincent

Post a reply to this message

>  Anyone who has seen almost any (especially older) British TV series
> probably recognizes the old Thames Television logo screen:
>
> http://img.search.com/f/fd/300px-Thames.jpg
>
>  Question: What's wrong with that picture?
>
> --
>                                                          - Warp

Easy : it's a faked reflection, the 'mirrored' image is the same. A real
reflection shoud be seen with a lower point of view

Marc

Post a reply to this message

> "Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> a ?crit dans le message de news:
> 48cc0617@news.povray.org...
> >  Anyone who has seen almost any (especially older) British TV series
> > probably recognizes the old Thames Television logo screen:
> >
> > http://img.search.com/f/fd/300px-Thames.jpg
> >
> >  Question: What's wrong with that picture?
> >
> > --
> >                                                          - Warp

> Easy : it's a faked reflection, the 'mirrored' image is the same. A real
> reflection shoud be seen with a lower point of view

  No, that's not what I was looking for.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>   Anyone who has seen almost any (especially older) British TV series
> probably recognizes the old Thames Television logo screen:
>
> http://img.search.com/f/fd/300px-Thames.jpg

Ah yes, I remember this...

>   Question: What's wrong with that picture?

I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly sure those landmark buildings aren't
all in the same place.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/