POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : White hat? Black Hat? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  White hat? Black Hat? (Message 1 to 10 of 76)
From: Doctor John
Subject: White hat? Black Hat?
Date: 13 Sep 2008 08:58:36
Message: <48cbb8fc@news.povray.org>
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/city/story.html?id=25110a8f-a73a-43a0-a2a5-1daa08d147d1

Can't make my mind up on this; is the university right in prosecuting or
are they overreacting to cover their own insecure *ssh*les?
Right now I'm leaning in the direction of overreacting but I'm willing
to be convinced otherwise

John

--
"Eppur si muove" - Galileo Galilei

Post a reply to this message

Doctor John <joh### [at] homecom> wrote:

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/city/story.html?id=25110a8f-a73a-43a0-a2a5-1daa08d147d1

> Can't make my mind up on this; is the university right in prosecuting or
> are they overreacting to cover their own insecure *ssh*les?
> Right now I'm leaning in the direction of overreacting but I'm willing
> to be convinced otherwise

  No good deed goes unpunished. (Although this is certainly not the worst
case of someone reporting security weaknesses to some company and getting
sued for it.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message