POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Simply CGI Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Simply CGI (Message 6 to 15 of 25)
<<< Previous 5 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Simply CGI
Date: 12 Sep 2008 13:19:09
Message: <48caa48d$1@news.povray.org>
Vincent Le Chevalier wrote:

> But what you describe looks awfully like a web server to me...

Yeah - except that I don't *need* HTTPS, virtual hosting, customisable
HTTP error pages, multi-level access control with permission seperation,
complex logging facilities, the ability to run as a background service,
or any of the myriad of other stuff that a "real" HTTP server needs to
have. I just need something to run CGI binaries.

> Surely
> there are some on this page that have a very minimal configuration:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_web_servers

I had a look here this morning. Sadly, almost everything requires you to
"install" it before you can use it. I was hoping for a single executable
solution.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/