POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : XP slipstreaming Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  XP slipstreaming (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Tom Austin
Subject: XP slipstreaming
Date: 4 Sep 2008 10:21:27
Message: <48bfeee7@news.povray.org>
OK, as an IT guy in my small company I am really behind the times....

I needed to install XP on a machine with SATA RAID and no floppy drive.

I've ran across slipstreaming before, but dismissed it because of the
learning curve that I assumed I would have to go through.

Then I hit nliteos.com

While not perfect, I really was slick.

I was able to add SP3, IE7, and WMP11 to the install disk without having
to do a separate install later - along with all of the junk that comes
with it.
I added my SATA drivers along with some other goodies.

I removed things I don't use or care for - ie... Indexing service
It is no longer there at all - the files are gone.

Then burned about 6 CDR coasters that didn't work.
XP install kept complaining that it could find a file during install.

Then read to try a DVD - worked beautifully.

I need to use this at work.  This will save at least an hour on a build
because I don't have to wait for Windows updates to download and then
install junk.

Post a reply to this message

> I was able to add SP3, IE7, and WMP11 to the install disk

  Don't you mean "remove from" rather than "add to"?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message