POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux & drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Linux & drivers (Message 41 to 43 of 43)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Linux & drivers
Date: 6 Sep 2008 04:26:01
Message: <48c23e99$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Is that how it works? That's rather ... baroque. I'm going to have to
> laugh next time someone tells me that having the source code is
> necessary to understand how something works. :-)

It's also not necessary to understand how something works just to use it
s public interface. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Sep 2008 16:54:12
Message: <48d41174$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 18:35:16 -0400, gregjohn wrote:

> Ahem.  So did more than one person try out "some" live CD's and found
> several wanting as far as hardware recognition and drivers?!?!!?
>
> Please write up reviews on your blogs! Let the world know!  Linux
> distros, even if they are free, are still in a "marketplace" for users.

Not sure why you wrote this back to me - I was just commenting that
ntfs-3g solves the issues with native NTFS solutions in the Linux kernel.

Jim

Post a reply to this message