POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Geek humour Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Geek humour (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Invisible
Subject: Geek humour
Date: 26 Aug 2008 08:30:52
Message: <48b3f77c$1@news.povray.org>
When I was in the tea room eating my lunch, I noticed a piece of tissue
paper with crossword data scrawled across it. Being the mischifous soul
I am, I added the text "T = 2 pi sqrt(L/G)".

Apparently my handwriting is very unique. Either that or everybody knows
that only I would be stupid enough to write such a thing. Either way, a
guy just came other to thank me for my help with the crossword, and to
ask what the hell the formula is for.

3 points to the first person who can tell me what this formula describes.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> 3 points to the first person who can tell me what this formula
> describes.

Period for a ideal pendulum of length L in a homogeneous graviational
field of a acceleration G in the limit of small elongations (sin(x) appr.
x).

I don't mind the points, I'll dontate them to charity...

Post a reply to this message

> Period for a ideal pendulum of length L in a homogeneous graviational
> field of a acceleration G in the limit of small elongations (sin(x) appr.
> x).
>
> I don't mind the points, I'll dontate them to charity...

You can have a few more points if you explain the "in the limit of small
elongations" part...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/