POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Widor's toccata Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:47 EDT (-0400)
  Widor's toccata (Message 22 to 31 of 31)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Widor's toccata
Date: 20 Aug 2008 15:16:17
Message: <48ac6d80@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> (Also... I'm impressed you happened to know it was 1879.)

  Unlike some people, I do the research. It's not that hard.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 21 Aug 2008 19:24:58
Message: <48adf94a@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:36:37 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>
>> As in, there are
>> *three* lines of notes, yet homo sapiens only has *two* hands.
>
> Only per person.  Maybe it's written for "four hands".  I've seen the
> occasional piece for 3 hands; I often could manage the third hand (but
> not the fourth - my left hand is stupid when it comes to piano). :-)

I've seen three people on the same piano. (I think not all three were using
both hands all the time, but still...)

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 22 Aug 2008 04:43:38
Message: <48ae7c3a$1@news.povray.org>

You can get it legally for free at free-scores.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Aug 2008 12:15:28
Message: <48aee620$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:24:58 -0300, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> I've seen three people on the same piano. (I think not all three were
> using both hands all the time, but still...)

Yeah, there are a few pieces written like that....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:43:38 +0200, scott wrote:

>> Oh my God... I just found an illegal copy of the sheet music on teh
>> interwebs! Muhuhuhu!! >:-D
>
> You can get it legally for free at free-scores.com

Cool, I never knew about that site.  Bookmarked. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

>> Oh my God... I just found an illegal copy of the sheet music on teh
>> interwebs! Muhuhuhu!! >:-D
>
> You can get it legally for free at free-scores.com

...you are my new best friend, Scotty.

The file is 10x smaller, and in crispy clear vector graphics. Huzzah!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/