POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Viruses Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Viruses (Message 21 to 30 of 44)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Viruses
Date: 4 Aug 2008 14:58:56
Message: <48975170$1@news.povray.org>
Leroy Whetstone wrote:

>     I have never seen a virus on a computer. Been lucky I guess :)

Lucky or just sensible. ;-)

My dad's PC seems to periodically become infected by... *something* or
other. Usually just trojans and browser hooks. I don't know what the
heck he does that I don't, but I've never had any similar problems...

> I was the local greek that every one who ask for help on their computers
> in our naborhood. Every time a new virus came out everyone thought they
> had it.

Ah yes, I've seen this so often. "Ooo, my computer is doing something
wierd. Is it a virus?"

Also, does it make you chuckle when you see those emails warning you
that "omgz, this nuu virus will eraz0rs your memory and make your
monitor expl0d3!!1!eleven"? ;-)

> One day I got an e-mail that said there is a virus
> name Such-n-Such(can remember) and if you have this exe file on your
> computer you need to delete it. Of course it was on my computer. NO!
> I didn't delete it. A little research showed that the file was very
> important to the operating system. Lucky none of our gang delete it.

Perhaps you refer to

http://www.f-secure.com/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.shtml

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/