POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Truespace 7.6 and PovRay? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Truespace 7.6 and PovRay? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: TC
Subject: Truespace 7.6 and PovRay?
Date: 3 Aug 2008 06:50:59
Message: <48958d93@news.povray.org>
Hi, there!

Does anybody know how to save a truespace object and convert it to povray? I
am a rank truespace newbie - but since the program can now be downloaded
absolutely free of charge (btw: completely legal - thanks to Microsoft, the
new owner of Caligari! ;-) I thought I'd give it a try.

There may be a way to save an object (not a scene) to 3ds. But I do not see
a way to import 3ds.

Am I missing something? Any ideas or links? Any good free converters
available?

Post a reply to this message

> Does anybody know how to save a truespace object and convert it to povray?
> I am a rank truespace newbie - but since the program can now be downloaded
> absolutely free of charge (btw: completely legal - thanks to Microsoft,
> the new owner of Caligari! ;-) I thought I'd give it a try.
>
> There may be a way to save an object (not a scene) to 3ds. But I do not
> see a way to import 3ds.
>
> Am I missing something? Any ideas or links? Any good free converters
> available?

 Hi TC, and welcome.

 Yes, use Poseray - a fantastic program that can convert your mesh files
into PoV-Ray files, (and it can do other things too).

   Produced by our good friend, FlyerX:  http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/

     ~Steve~

      www.tc-rtc.co.uk