POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really big numbers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Really big numbers (Message 35 to 44 of 44)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Really big numbers
Date: 29 Jul 2008 16:10:55
Message: <488f794f$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Does anybody know of a list anywhere that gives examples of really large
> numbers?

I don't know about "really big", but here's a start for moderately large.

http://www.kokogiak.com/megapenny/

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints:

From: andrel
Date: 29 Jul 2008 17:14:25
Message: <488F886E.6090007@hotmail.com>
On 29-Jul-08 22:09, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> No you gave a website that discusses the 'observable universe' which
>> is a totally different beast than the size of the universe at some
>> moment in time.
>
> Two fallacies: (1) "observable universe" technically is the same as
> "universe".

why? For many people God is part of this universe, yet not part of the
observable universe. (I know you did not mean that).

> (2) "moment in time" is a meaningless term, even for things
> fairly close together, let alone separated in a spacelike way.

yes. I am aware of that. Here informally meant to mean every point in
space time that has the same value for the time component. So rather
undefined indeed.

> In other words, define "universe" first. This gets you into Clinton
> areas, of trying to define what "is" is.

Hmm, I did not know he once tried to define the universe. I know that
his definition of sex was peculiar, so I assume you refer to that.

Post a reply to this message