POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are crazy Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  People are crazy (Message 53 to 62 of 62)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: People are crazy
Date: 25 Jul 2008 10:44:47
Message: <4889e6df$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> "Ah Lynx - the smell of teenage desperation"

Desperation... sure.

Teenage? Not so much... now, anyway...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 25 Jul 2008 13:26:13
Message: <488a0cb5$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:

> Indeed yet another ill-effect of DHMO that needs to be added to the
> list. How many more dangers do we need to find before the governments of
> the world act?

I'm told some parts of the world are *already* quite sparse on DHMO... ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: John VanSickle
Date: 26 Jul 2008 15:32:46
Message: <488b7bde@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Botox, a neurotoxin, is one of the most poisonous naturally occurring
> substances in the world, and it is the most toxic protein. It's about
> one million times more toxic than, for example, strychnine (a common rat
> poison). Just a few hundred grams of botox would be enough to kill every
> human on Earth. (0.1 micrograms is enough to kill a person.)
>
>   Yet botox is used as a common cosmetic treatment around the world.

A ______ and his ______ soon are ______ .

Regards,
John

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Jul 2008 12:37:51
Message: <488df5df$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 05:16:53 +0100, St. wrote:

>     Yes, a weird episode in my life, but like I mentioned, I learnt a
>     lot.
> After I was released, I never rode a motorbike again.

I can see how that might have been the result....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Jul 2008 12:38:52
Message: <488df61c@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:19:54 +0100, Phil Cook wrote:

> You don't want high altitude, direct sunlight, or low humidity... wow
> the UK must seem like paradise! ;-)

Yeah, more or less. :-)

>>      Ah, Jim, go for it then. I know you would like it. If you want
>> 'busy' then move to London (and venture out). Or move to Birmingham or
>> Manchester. But if you want beauty, hit Wales, Scotland, or Ireland for
>> those benefits. You won't go wrong if that's what you want.
>
> Hey it's pretty around here too and still within spitting distance of
> Brum (this statement brought to you by the Wyre Forest Tourism Board ;-)
> ) Thinking about it we've some new houses about to go up for sale that
> are supposed to include mooring rights if you fancy living on a canal
> boat.
>
> http://www.waterscape.com/map
>
> Just to demonstrate how far around you could get.

Cool, thanks for that. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 28 Jul 2008 12:39:22
Message: <488df63a$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:30:11 +0100, Phil Cook wrote:

> Yeah, but they's all speak roight funny round there. Best to stick to
> places with proper English loike.

You forget, I live in *Utah* - the natives here speak funny.  I'm used to
it. ;-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 05:16:53 +0100, St. wrote:
>
>>     Yes, a weird episode in my life, but like I mentioned, I learnt a
>>     lot.
>> After I was released, I never rode a motorbike again.
>
> I can see how that might have been the result....

    Heh. Yes, well, crap happens, and in my case, I couldn't ride a
motorbike again. And I didn't, and haven't, since. Even though it was heaven
for me as a young guy. Boys will always be boys though, and even now I'm
tempted at an older age.  ;)

     ~Steve~

> Jim

Post a reply to this message