POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are crazy Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  People are crazy (Message 3 to 12 of 62)
<<< Previous 2 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: People are crazy
Date: 24 Jul 2008 12:02:13
Message: <4888a785$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Botox, a neurotoxin, is one of the most poisonous naturally occurring
> substances in the world, and it is the most toxic protein. It's about
> one million times more toxic than, for example, strychnine (a common rat
> poison). Just a few hundred grams of botox would be enough to kill every
> human on Earth. (0.1 micrograms is enough to kill a person.)
>
>   Yet botox is used as a common cosmetic treatment around the world.

Have you heard about dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO)?

It has some pretty scary health implications...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Phil Cook
Date: 24 Jul 2008 12:13:05
Message: <op.ues0h2k4c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:08:33 +0100, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> did
spake, saying:

>   Botox, a neurotoxin, is one of the most poisonous naturally occurring
> substances in the world, and it is the most toxic protein. It's about
> one million times more toxic than, for example, strychnine (a common rat
> poison). Just a few hundred grams of botox would be enough to kill every
> human on Earth. (0.1 micrograms is enough to kill a person.)
>
>   Yet botox is used as a common cosmetic treatment around the world.

But it gets rid of my wrinkles and makes me look young and pretty!

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

> But it gets rid of my wrinkles and makes me look young and pretty!

...is anybody ELSE creeped out by the idea of Phil being young and/or
pretty?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> >   Botox, a neurotoxin, is one of the most poisonous naturally occurring
> > substances in the world, and it is the most toxic protein. It's about
> > one million times more toxic than, for example, strychnine (a common rat
> > poison). Just a few hundred grams of botox would be enough to kill every
> > human on Earth. (0.1 micrograms is enough to kill a person.)
> >
> >   Yet botox is used as a common cosmetic treatment around the world.
>
> Have you heard about dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO)?
>
> It has some pretty scary health implications...
>
> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

There have been a number of fatalities in recent years attributed to DMHO
intoxication.  IIRC Andy Warhol was a victim of DMHO intoxication.  Inhaling
DMHO has been documented as causing an even greater number of deaths.  I can't
even begin to comment on the catastrophic damage to the environment due to
excessive amounts of DMHO.

Isaac.

Post a reply to this message

"Clarence1898" <cla### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> > Warp wrote:
> > >   Botox, a neurotoxin, is one of the most poisonous naturally occurring
> > > substances in the world, and it is the most toxic protein. It's about
> > > one million times more toxic than, for example, strychnine (a common rat
> > > poison). Just a few hundred grams of botox would be enough to kill every
> > > human on Earth. (0.1 micrograms is enough to kill a person.)
> > >
> > >   Yet botox is used as a common cosmetic treatment around the world.
> >
> > Have you heard about dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO)?
> >
> > It has some pretty scary health implications...
> >
> > --
> > http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> > http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*
>
> There have been a number of fatalities in recent years attributed to DMHO
> intoxication.  IIRC Andy Warhol was a victim of DMHO intoxication.  Inhaling
> DMHO has been documented as causing an even greater number of deaths.  I can't
> even begin to comment on the catastrophic damage to the environment due to
> excessive amounts of DMHO.
>
> Isaac.

Oops, thats DHMO not DMHO.  I just washed my hands today and can't do a thing
with them.

Isaac

Post a reply to this message

"Clarence1898" <cla### [at] comcastnet> wrote in message

> There have been a number of fatalities in recent years attributed to DMHO
> intoxication.  IIRC Andy Warhol was a victim of DMHO intoxication.
> Inhaling
> DMHO has been documented as causing an even greater number of deaths.  I
> can't
> even begin to comment on the catastrophic damage to the environment due to
> excessive amounts of DMHO.

   Woaah. Heavy. Are we breathing this stuff in?

      ~Steve~

> Isaac.

Post a reply to this message