POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ohgodohgodohgod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Ohgodohgodohgod (Message 1 to 10 of 36)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Ohgodohgodohgod
Date: 22 Jul 2008 10:03:19
Message: <4885e8a7$1@news.povray.org>
Look at the first screenshot of task manager. Realize that it's 4 ROWS
of graphs. Read the physical memory amount.

http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2008/07/21/3092070.aspx

Whatever machine that was running on is a BEAST.

Post a reply to this message

I want to make babies with this thing... Babies rendered with POV-Ray!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Look at the first screenshot of task manager. Realize that it's 4 ROWS
> of graphs. Read the physical memory amount.

Looks like he is running a prototype version of the next Windows... ;-)

Post a reply to this message

>> Look at the first screenshot of task manager. Realize that it's 4 ROWS
>> of graphs. Read the physical memory amount.
>
> Looks like he is running a prototype version of the next Windows... ;-)

Don't tell me that's the minimum requirements..

Post a reply to this message

> Don't tell me that's the minimum requirements..

No no no, he's only using 4% of the RAM there!

Post a reply to this message

>> Don't tell me that's the minimum requirements..
>
> No no no, he's only using 4% of the RAM there!

Oh, so ... only about 40GB of RAM, then ...

Post a reply to this message

http://www.poppyfields.net/filks/00160.html

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

"Mike Raiford" <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> scott wrote:
>>> Don't tell me that's the minimum requirements..
>>
>> No no no, he's only using 4% of the RAM there!
>>

> Oh, so ... only about 40GB of RAM, then ...

   Oh wow, that would be SO nice! See the page-file?  OoO

     ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote in message
> > Look at the first screenshot of task manager. Realize that it's 4 ROWS
> > of graphs. Read the physical memory amount.
>
> Looks like he is running a prototype version of the next Windows... ;-)

Dunno. I'll have to check tomorrow, but I think that's Windows Server 2008.
The version of windows that's in dev (windows 7) is, afaik, a workstation
version, not a server version.

Post a reply to this message

> Look at the first screenshot of task manager. Realize that it's 4 ROWS
> of graphs. Read the physical memory amount.

Nice. Wonder where I can get one of those... <g>

> Whatever machine that was running on is a BEAST.

I'm glad the server team's testing out on the really, really big servers.
The last thing you want in a server OS is a subtle bug that only manifests
on servers with lots of CPUs/lots of memory