POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Man and his symbols Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Man and his symbols (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Invisible
Subject: Man and his symbols
Date: 23 Jul 2008 05:52:46
Message: <4886ff6e$1@news.povray.org>
I'm just examining the obfuscation possibilities for logical statements.
We've got the inverted A for "for all", and the mirrored E for "there
exists", and the three dots for "therefore", but is there any symbol
that represents "such that"?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> I'm just examining the obfuscation possibilities for logical statements.
> We've got the inverted A for "for all", and the mirrored E for "there
> exists", and the three dots for "therefore", but is there any symbol
> that represents "such that"?

I've always used a vertical bar for "such that" in set definitions,
apparently you can use a colon as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_bar#Mathematics

--
Vincent