POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Post test Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  Post test (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: dhowgsj
Subject: Post test
Date: 20 Jul 2008 23:11:26
Message: <4883fe5d@news.povray.org>
Okay, if you can see this post, the new version of iNewsGroup actually works and I can
post to newsgroups from my iPod touch :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Post test
Date: 20 Jul 2008 23:21:26
Message: <488400b6@news.povray.org>
Quote:

> Okay, if you can see this post, the new version of iNewsGroup actually works and I
can post to newsgroups from my iPod touch :)

Works. I had user settings wrong (maybe my name actually shows now?).

It's quite crap though... (if posting fails, throws your text away, doesn't let you
retry)

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 20 Jul 2008 23:29:23
Message: <48840293@news.povray.org>
Quote:

> Quote:
> >
> > Okay, if you can see this post, the new version of iNewsGroup actually works and I
can post to newsgroups from my iPod touch :)

> Works. I had user settings wrong (maybe my name actually shows now?).
>
> It's quite crap though... (if posting fails, throws your text away, doesn't let you
retry)

This UI is so bad it almost makes me want to write my own newsreader. I'll rant about
it tomorrow on a real keyboard.

Post a reply to this message

From: Chambers
Date: 20 Jul 2008 23:38:19
Message: <488404ab$1@news.povray.org>
dho### [at] blainvalid wrote:
> Okay, if you can see this post, the new version of iNewsGroup actually works and I
can post to newsgroups from my iPod touch :)

I don't see it :(

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

From: Phil Cook
Date: 21 Jul 2008 09:09:52
Message: <op.uemxo2hcc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 21 Jul 2008 04:38:04 +0100, Chambers
<ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> did spake, saying:

> dho### [at] blainvalid wrote:
>> Okay, if you can see this post, the new version of iNewsGroup actually
>> works and I can post to newsgroups from my iPod touch :)
>
> I don't see it :(

Neither can I >:-)

before anyone [cough] fires off a one-sentence chastisement there is a
povray.test newsgroup for this sort of thing ;-)

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 21 Jul 2008 16:08:58
Message: <4884ecda@news.povray.org>
Quote:

> And lo on Mon, 21 Jul 2008 04:38:04 +0100, Chambers
> <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> did spake, saying:
>
> > dho### [at] blainvalid wrote:
> >> Okay, if you can see this post, the new version of iNewsGroup actually
> >> works and I can post to newsgroups from my iPod touch :)
> >
> > I don't see it :(
>
> Neither can I >:-)
>
> before anyone [cough] fires off a one-sentence chastisement there is a
> povray.test newsgroup for this sort of thing ;-)

povray.test is to test posting, not to brag about newsgroup access from fancy devices
or rant about crappy UIs.