POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How far we have come Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  How far we have come (Message 31 to 33 of 33)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: How far we have come
Date: 16 Jul 2008 16:53:11
Message: <487e5fb7@news.povray.org>
> Now, the fact is, when I listen to this thing, I can't help but think
> that the filter responses aren't quite correct. What the HELL does that
> make me? o_O

  Honestly, IMO the sound quality of the C64 sucks. For example the NES
and the Spectrum128 had much better sound.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Clarence1898
Date: 17 Jul 2008 10:50:01
Message: <web.487f5b8365648d1ed3fe36d90@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > (Did you know, you can actually get C64 sound emulator plugins for
> > WinAmp?? Retro, much?)
>
>   Emulators for old consoles and game computers are very popular among
> certain demographic groups of computer nerds.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

For the jurassic computer nerds, see http://www.hercules-390.org/.
An emulator for old IBM 360/370 mainframes.  You too can have an IBM
mainframe on your desktop. Running MVS 3.8 on a 2.4G P4 is about as fast
as an IBM 3033U circa 1980.

Isaac

Post a reply to this message