POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hey Warp... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Hey Warp... (Message 10 to 19 of 19)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Hey Warp...
Date: 11 Jul 2008 16:03:52
Message: <4877bca8@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> The Sahara desert, SQL language

Well, there's that too. I live near "La Jolla Cove". Where "La Jolla" in
Spanish is "cove". (Assuming you spell it right, which "La Jolla" isn't.)

Back on the east coast, there's a place called something like "Mount
Campbell Hill", except it's about 5 words long, and each word is "Hill"
in a different language. Apparently, every time someone new conquered
the region, they called it "Yadda yadda hill" in the local language, and
it just grew from there.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints: