POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't (Message 31 to 32 of 32)
From: Alain
Subject: Re: Failing Gracefully... iTunes doesn't
Date: 10 Sep 2008 16:16:06
Message: <48c82b06$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen nous illumina en ce 2008-09-10 15:13 -->
> Alain wrote:
>> Eero Ahonen nous illumina en ce 2008-07-07 12:33 -->
>>>
>>> When my laptop's mobo gets out of warranty, I'll rip off one and
>>> change color of another of the bluetooth leds. Those blue leds are
>>> bright and irritating.
>  >
>> Just put a bit of electrical tape over those LEDs.
>
> Won't work. One led is on the button that controls BT (on/off) and
> another one is halfly on the front of the laptop. Practically electrical
> tape won't hold even on one of these places (and the solution would be
> incredibly ugly, especially when all other stickers got to go when the
> laptop was brand new).

Electrical tape come in many colours, not just black.

You can also put a dab of paint. You can find that in about every possible
colour you want.
Or, some nail varnish. A little red on those pesky blue LEDs can be nice...
Or, some liquid paper, it you can still find the thing.
Or, some masking tape cut to fit.
Or anything that you can put over those blinding LEDs.

By the way, blue light is about the worst. It kills your night vision, causing
your iris to contract. Red light, as well as yellow, even very bright, don't
cause iris contraction. Blue light bleed everywhere, red, and yellow don't. Red
and yellow pierce fog and smoke, blue light illuminate any fog and smoke.
Blue should be banned from cars dashboards for security reasons. Those
exessevely bright and bluish argon headlight should go the dinosor's way.

--
Alain
  My bologna has a first name.

                    Oscar Mayer

Post a reply to this message

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 11 Sep 2008 11:41:41
Message: <48c93c35$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:

> Electrical tape come in many colours, not just black.

Yes. My laptop is black.

> You can also put a dab of paint. You can find that in about every
> possible colour you want.
> Or, some nail varnish. A little red on those pesky blue LEDs can be nice...
> Or, some liquid paper, it you can still find the thing.
> Or, some masking tape cut to fit.
> Or anything that you can put over those blinding LEDs.

Yes. None of those is going to change blue light to green (which is what
I want for one of those LEDs).

> By the way, blue light is about the worst. It kills your night vision,
> causing your iris to contract. Red light, as well as yellow, even very
> bright, don't cause iris contraction. Blue light bleed everywhere, red,
> and yellow don't. Red and yellow pierce fog and smoke, blue light
> illuminate any fog and smoke.

Yep.

> Blue should be banned from cars dashboards for security reasons.

I agree.

> Those
> exessevely bright and bluish argon headlight should go the dinosor's way.

I've driven with xenons from June now, and if I could choose, I'd rather
take halogens. The spectre of xenons is annoying and it won't show eg.
mooses from the woods like halogens do. They also make all road signs
shine more than they give light to the road and woods ahead and near the
road.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net