POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod Server Time
8 Sep 2024 01:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Paraniod (Message 81 to 90 of 125)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: Paraniod
Date: 5 Jul 2008 18:00:42
Message: <486fef0a$1@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Now all the sysadmin needs to do is install a keylogger... oh, wait...
>> ;-)
>>
>> Anything you can do, the sysadmin can undo. He controls the machine
>> you're using. You can't win.
>
> I think you can.
>
> Just boot an OS from a media that he does not control.
> E.g. Knoppix from a CD or a memory stick.

Not good enough anymore.  Flash the machines' BIOS with custom code
that'll load a hypervisor before loading any OS.

Granted, if your OS is sufficiently advanced, it'll notify you of the
HV, but it won't be able to stop it.

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

>>> Now all the sysadmin needs to do is install a keylogger... oh,
>>> wait... ;-)
>>>
>>> Anything you can do, the sysadmin can undo. He controls the machine
>>> you're using. You can't win.
>>
>> I think you can.
>>
>> Just boot an OS from a media that he does not control.
>> E.g. Knoppix from a CD or a memory stick.
>
> Not good enough anymore.  Flash the machines' BIOS with custom code
> that'll load a hypervisor before loading any OS.
>
> Granted, if your OS is sufficiently advanced, it'll notify you of the
> HV, but it won't be able to stop it.

Ok. Then just use a computer that you know has not been flashed.
(MAC addresses can be faked - AFAIK)

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com