POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 19:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  Paraniod (Message 51 to 60 of 125)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Paraniod
Date: 4 Jul 2008 11:34:06
Message: <486e42ee@news.povray.org>
>>> Worrying fact: 50% of the population has below-average intelligence.
>>> (!!!)
>
> So... If we have 4 men, with intelligences 1, 8, 9 and 9, the average is
> (1+8+9+9)/4=6,75, so 75% of men are more intelligent than average person
> (who, if he existed, would be over 6 times as intelligent as the dumpest
> one).

Sure. And nobody actually has 4.2 children. But that doesn't mean it's
not a meaningful concept.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 4 Jul 2008 11:54:18
Message: <486e47aa@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
> On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:03:49 +0100, Invisible wrote:
>
> > Er... like, WTF?
>
> That said, there are ways, for example, to prevent a sysadmin from seeing
> files in a filesystem.

And there are ways (at least in SQL Server) to keep the windows sysadmins
out of a database, however you can't stop them shutting down the service and
taking the data files or changing the passwords of the accounts that do have
sysadmin rights.

We've done that as a standard across the organisation, along with ensuring
that the database administrators don't have administrative rights to the OS.

Post a reply to this message