POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Woohoo!!!! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Woohoo!!!! (Message 11 to 20 of 61)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Re: Woohoo!!!!
Date: 1 Jul 2008 12:34:56
Message: <486a5cb0@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
news:jslk64p7q9hi8vtd6j672v8nh694mkmg9i@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 17:45:34 +0200, "Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech
> sa dot com> wrote:
>
> >I just got a mail from microsoft.
> >"Congratulations! We are pleased to present you with the 2008 Microsoft
MVP
> >Award"
>
> It's nice to be appreciated, well done.

It is. Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

From: bluetree
Date: 1 Jul 2008 13:50:01
Message: <web.486a6e3f163791fb25b755010@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:
> I know this will probably be met with 'Meh' by some people but...
>
> I just got a mail from microsoft.
> "Congratulations! We are pleased to present you with the 2008 Microsoft MVP
> Award"
>
> Wow. I was not expecting that.
>
> And for those going "What?"
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp/

Cool! :-D

bluetree

Post a reply to this message

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 1 Jul 2008 13:55:45
Message: <486a6fa1@news.povray.org>
"bluetree" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> "Gail Shaw" <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:
> > I know this will probably be met with 'Meh' by some people but...
> >
> > I just got a mail from microsoft.
> > "Congratulations! We are pleased to present you with the 2008 Microsoft
MVP
> > Award"
> >
> > Wow. I was not expecting that.
> >
> > And for those going "What?"
> > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp/
>

> Cool! :-D

Yup! <big grin>

Post a reply to this message

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 1 Jul 2008 14:17:14
Message: <486a74aa$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> I know this will probably be met with 'Meh' by some people but...
>
> I just got a mail from microsoft.
> "Congratulations! We are pleased to present you with the 2008 Microsoft MVP
> Award"
>
> Wow. I was not expecting that.
>
> And for those going "What?"
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp/

Success! Congratulations.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 1 Jul 2008 14:31:40
Message: <486a780c@news.povray.org>
"Eero Ahonen" <aer### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid> wrote in message
> Gail Shaw wrote:
> > I know this will probably be met with 'Meh' by some people but...
> >
> > I just got a mail from microsoft.
> > "Congratulations! We are pleased to present you with the 2008 Microsoft
MVP
> > Award"
> >
> > Wow. I was not expecting that.
> >
> > And for those going "What?"
> > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp/
> >

> Success! Congratulations.

Yup. Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 1 Jul 2008 15:30:06
Message: <486a85be$1@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> I know this will probably be met with 'Meh' by some people but...
>
> I just got a mail from microsoft.
> "Congratulations! We are pleased to present you with the 2008 Microsoft MVP
> Award"
>
> Wow. I was not expecting that.
>
> And for those going "What?"
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp/

Congratulations.
..and your acceptance speech will be ...?

@--> (a rose)

John

finished," then he sat down.

Post a reply to this message

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 1 Jul 2008 15:51:06
Message: <486a8aaa@news.povray.org>
"Doctor John" <doc### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> Gail Shaw wrote:
> > I know this will probably be met with 'Meh' by some people but...
> >
> > I just got a mail from microsoft.
> > "Congratulations! We are pleased to present you with the 2008 Microsoft
MVP
> > Award"
> >
> > Wow. I was not expecting that.
> >
> > And for those going "What?"
> > http://www.microsoft.com/mvp/
> >

> Congratulations.
> ..and your acceptance speech will be ...?

Coming later.

> @--> (a rose)

*bows*

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Charter
Date: 1 Jul 2008 19:17:08
Message: <486abaf4@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:
> I know this will probably be met with 'Meh' by some people but...
>
> I just got a mail from microsoft.
> "Congratulations! We are pleased to present you with the 2008 Microsoft MVP
> Award"
>
> Wow. I was not expecting that.
>
> And for those going "What?"
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp/

Congrats!

And great timing?  Didn't you just jump to the consulting world?  Should
boost your billing rate. ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 1 Jul 2008 20:49:33
Message: <486ad09d@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 19:16:59 -0400, Jim Charter wrote:

> Should
> boost your billing rate. ;-)

And visibility, for that matter.  I've known a couple MVPs in the past
(one who doubled with the Novell forums which I mentioned earlier, in
fact - though not at the same time), and having done the Novell thing I
know what it does for one's reputation.  Great CV point, too.

Jim

Post a reply to this message