POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Complains about Vista Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:12:09 EDT (-0400)
  Complains about Vista (Message 100 to 109 of 129)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Complains about Vista
Date: 9 Jul 2008 04:13:21
Message: <48747321$1@news.povray.org>
>> Not sure why you'd be running something else at the same time as a game
>
> You never played Second Life, have you? ;-)

Played? I've never *heard* of it. Why?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jul 2008 04:14:03
Message: <4874734b$1@news.povray.org>
>> Surely you'd only *attempt* such a thing on an extremely high-end server
>> though? (Recall that Vista is a desktop OS.)
>
> Nope.  IT classrooms typically buy the cheapest hardware they can
> possibly purchase - usually desktop machines - and then run a virtual
> server envrionment.

Well... might I suggest that trying to run multiple OSes simultaneously
on hardware that isn't capable of running *one* OS is... a bad idea?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: scott
Date: 9 Jul 2008 04:15:30
Message: <487473a2$1@news.povray.org>
> 90 seconds?
>
> If you just wanted to remove the first and last line, wouldn't it take
> less than 90 seconds to script it? Even in the most retarded scripting
> language imaginable?

Maybe, but then surely the script is going to take *another* 90 seconds + 2
minutes to load and save the file anyway.

Post a reply to this message