POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sorry for On-Topic... ;-) Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Sorry for On-Topic... ;-) (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Tim Nikias
Subject: Sorry for On-Topic... ;-)
Date: 27 Jun 2008 19:20:27
Message: <486575bb$1@news.povray.org>
So, I've compiled POV-Ray 3.6 from the source on my Intel based MacBook
Pro. I'm also redesigning my website and checking if everything is
actually still working the way it's supposed to...

And sure enough, some POV-script doesn't work.

Strangely though, it's actually using trace() to check a position on a
box, and the box is built like this: box{0,1}.

Explain to me why it returns some value smaller than 0 for the position
it finds? :-)

Sure, self-compiled things usually don't work *completely* like the
original source built on some properly set up system and not some weird
hack of various sources (XCode and some such stuff, surely that's not
completely up to C++ standards? ;-) ), but why does a value, which by
all rounding means should end up as 0, return something smaller than 0?

Regards,
Tim